Fordham University            The Jesuit University of New York  


What are the minimum requirements for admission?

The minimum requirements for admission to the Master’s program in Elections and Campaign Management are as follows: One academic transcript from each school you have previously attended; three academic letters of recommendation; a statement of purpose; CV/Resume; and a brief writing sample.

How do I submit an application?

Applicants can apply online.  We also prefer that applicants submit letters of recommendation online. The only credentials that must be mailed separately are academic transcripts and any submissions that are not word-processed documents (e.g., videotapes, artwork, photocopies of articles). Students applying on-line should also note that all supporting documentation should be submitted before the application deadline date.

When is the application deadline?

Please visit the Application Deadline Dates webpage. Please contact the program director if you have questions about submitting an application. 

Can I apply for spring admission?

YES. Students are admitted during both the fall and spring semesters. Please visit the Application Deadline Dates page for details

Must my bachelor's degree be in Political Science in order to apply?

No. We encourage students from a wide range of undergraduate backgrounds, including the social sciences and communications and media studies, to apply.

Who should write my letters of recommendation?

We urge applicants to attempt to submit at least one reference letter from an academic, but you should choose individuals who are best able to evaluate whether you are qualified for an MA program in Elections and Campaign Management.

What must I include in my statement of intent?

Describe your purpose in undertaking graduate work in relation to the program. One or two pages should suffice.

Is the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) required?

No. The GRE is not required to apply to the ECM program. Students who wish to be considered for financial aid, however, are required to take the GRE. Please note that GRE scores are valid for only five years. Should your GRE scores expire before the application deadline for the year you are applying, then you must retake the GRE and submit the new scores.

Can the TOEFL be waived for international students?

International students can waive the TOEFL or TOEFLC only if their first language of instruction at the institution in which they received their degree was in English. Or if the official language of the country in which they reside is English. Although GSAS may still request ESL Language testing.

Can the Master's program be done on a part-time basis?

Yes. The ECM program is designed to accommodate students who have other commitments and who prefer to pursue the ECM degree on a part-time basis. Most courses are offered during the evenings, Monday-Friday.

On which campus are ECM courses offered?

Both. The ECM program is based at the Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan, however courses are offered on both the Lincoln Center and Rose Hill campuses. 

What is the typical amount of time it takes to complete the Masters Program?

The ECM program is an intensive program of study. Students who enroll full-time will generally complete their requirements in three semesters (typically, the fall, spring and summer session terms). It usually takes longer for part time students to complete the program.

Is there a language or Master’s thesis requirement?


Can I take courses without being in a degree program?

Applicants may apply as non-degree students, but they still must meet all the admissions requirements and deadlines set for applicants pursuing a degree.

How much is tuition?

For current tuition rates and fees please visit the GSAS Tuition and Fees webpage.

Is there funding available for Master's students?

In general, funding is not available for students in terminal Master’s degree program. Under some circumstances, some funding may be offered, however. Students are eligible for loans for graduate study, however. Students are also encouraged to obtain funding from external sources.

Can I meet with faculty or sit in on a class?

Prospective applicants are invited to contact the program director to arrange campus visits or meetings at a time.

Back to top

Site  | Directories
Submit Search Request